Re: Random hard freezes Wheezy

On Sb, 17 mai 14, 10:43:49, Mimiko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On one server I intermittently encounter hard freezes. Server does not
> react, ping, or ctrl+alt+del. Just caps lock and num lock flashes.

That's a "kernel panic".

> Only a
> power off from button helps to start server, after which it runs until again
> this happens.

[snip eth1 link down messages]

> May 16 20:58:34 srv75 NetworkManager[2669]: <info> (eth1): carrier now
> OFF
> (device state 10)

Network Manager on a server?

[snip more syslog eth1 link down messages]

There's really not much information to even start guessing. Here are
some tips you can try:

- test your RAM (memtest)
- try a newer kernel (e.g. from backports)
- check temperatures (CPU, case, etc.)
- fsck all partitions
- check and/or replace if possible the power source of the server
- make sure you have all necessary firmware installed (check output of
  'dmesg | grep firmware')

To receive further help from this list you could:

- attach full output of 'dmesg' immediately after a successful boot (run
  'dmesg > dmesg.txt' and attach 'dmesg.txt')
- upload somewhere a picture of the screen with the kernel panic

Kind regards,
Andrei