Re: Re: loss of I/O on some websites

On Wednesday, 14 May, 2014 10:36 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 14/05/14 04:22, Testosticore wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 May, 2014 12:04 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 13/05/14 08:07, A Debian User wrote:
On Sunday, 11 May, 2014 10:08 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 11/05/14 22:59, Whit Hansell wrote:
Am getting frustrated.  On the internet today there are so many sites
that have taken on so much advertising that it is killing my desire to
go to various sites.  I mean specifically news sites.

<snipped>
As a side note, doesn't NoScript and FlashBlock have redundant features,
in that they both block the loading of Flash content?
<snipped>
Therefore, in a browser with both Flashblock and NoScript installed,
unless you have some special convoluted use case, Flashblock would be
"redundant".
No.

It is also technically incorrect that NoScript doesn't block Flash by
default. It does. It just whitelists YouTube by default a long with a
few other sites. (Flashblock doesn't whitelist anything by default.)
In plain English (not weasel-speak) by default NoScript does *not* block
*all* Flash.

By default FlashBlock *does* block *all* Flash.
Doesn't matter. We're not talking about default settings.

Besides, you can easily make it do that by changing a single setting (i.e. allow restrictions on whitelisted sites). And it's totally worth it because you won't need to install another extension for this, which should save you some more memory.
Q. When NoScript blocks Flash can it unblock it on a case-by-case basic
with a single click?
B. No.
Actually, it can. The same setting above has this same effect.

Disclosure: I'm not involved with either NoScript or Flashblock.