Re: Security updates for hold package

On Wed, 14 May 2014 11:40:04 +0200
Frank <frank@dead-link.org> wrote:

> On 05/14/2014 11:35 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > APT does not differentiate between "major" or "security" or "whatever"
> > upgrade, just about version numbers.
> >
> > However, if you're on stable (or oldstable) there will be no major
> > upgrades (whether you want them or not) unless you point your sources to
> > the next release.
> >
> > If you want more specific information please provide the output of
> >
> >     apt-cache policy <package>
> >

> Ok, let me reformulate the question. How can I achieve the following,
> Upgrade my system from Squeeze to Wheezy, keep the installed php
> packages as they are but don't prevent the system from installing
> security updates as long they are available for squeeze?
>
> Cheers
> Frank

Pin php packages to a=oldstable, 500 < Pin-Priority < 990. But to
receive security support for squeeze past this month, you have to
include squeeze-lts repo.

Kind regards

--
http://markorandjelovic.hopto.org

One should not be afraid of humans.
Well, I am not afraid of humans, but of what is inhuman in them.
    Ivo Andric, "Signs near the travel-road"