Re: [SOLVED] Can't get Apache to display a directory

On 14/05/14 03:16, Stephen Powell wrote:

Well, I finally solved this one, but it was by no means simple.  In summary,
here is what I had to do:

In /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, I added the following line at the end of the
file:

    Alias /icons /usr/share/apache2/icons

I believe the recommended way of changing configurations now is to create a file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ and put your custom option in there.

That way the original conf file can get updated on upgrades without it telling you the file has been modified and asking if you want to keep the old one or install the new one.

In /etc/apache2/mods-enabled, I added the following symlinks:

    ln -s ../mods-available/alias.load alias.load
    ln -s ../mods-available/autoindex.conf autoindex.conf
    ln -s ../mods-available/autoindex.load autoindex.load
    ln -s ../mods-available/mime.conf mime.conf
    ln -s ../mods-available/mime.load mime.load

Easier to type:

    a2enmod alias
    a2enmod autoindex
    a2enmod mime

which does all the ln -s stuff for you.

Then, I reloaded the server configuration with

    /etc/init.d/apache2 reload

and refreshed the browser cache with F5.  Apache now displays directories!

Glad you got it fixed :)

--
Dom