Re: [SOLVED]loss of I/O on some websites

On 05/11/2014 09:30 AM, Francesco Ariis wrote:
On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 08:59:41AM -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:
Am getting frustrated.  On the internet today there are so many
sites that have taken on so much advertising that it is killing my
desire to go to various sites.  I mean specifically news sites.

Maybe you already tried it, but just in case: AdBlock Plus (add on for
Iceweasel)?

Francesco, et al,
Thank you for replying as well as everyone else who did.

So far, it seems to be working, to use AdBlock Plus. I had installed Adblock exchange, because at one time as I recall, I had been using "Adbllock" something and Iceweasel updated and I kept receiving warnings about the new version of Iceweasel and "Adblock" not being compatible. At least I think that's why I changed it. But now I have gone to the Adblock Plus as recommended and SO FAR it is working great. No I/O hangup at all. I tell you it was driving me crazy. Going to a well known website and finding it totally unusable.

Thank you all for your replies and help. A great bunch of people. I love Linux and it's users. Always helpful and knowledgeable.

Thanks again.
Whit