Re: experimental to unstable

Hello,

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Floris <jkfloris@dds.nl> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> The Debian Gnome maintainers has almost packed Gnome 3.12. After the systemd
> + Gnome sprint last April a lot of Gnome packages have the 3.12 version. But
> there are some 3.12 packages only available in experimental. Is there a
> policy when these packages are transfered to unstable?
>
> Also what package(s) holds the Gnome 3.12 transition?

You can track the transitions that are happening in Debian at
https://release.debian.org/transitions/ , there are a planned
libgnome-desktop-3-10 transition (which probabbly will be substitute
by a the 3.12 version?). You can see which packages are affected by
such transition by clicking at transition name.

There are reasons for the delay, you can see more at the next bug comment::

Debian Policy specify when a unstable package should be migrate to the
testing stage, but from experimental to unstable is decided by
maintainers and it is influeced by release manager team + ftp team
(maybe somebody can be more precise than me?)  load average

Regards,