Re: you don\u2019t know if you don\u2019t ask

Filip <filip@fbvnet.be> writes:

> On Sun, 11 May 2014 12:23:19 +0100
> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> writes:

>> locale
>> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
>> LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
>> LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
>> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
>>
>> Sharon.
>
> And 'locale -a' also shows en_GB.UTF-8 ?
>
> Does the problem only occur when you paste into emacs ?
> Is there something special in your .emacs file ? Try starting emacs
> without init file ('emacs -q').

We eventually tracked it down to the "simpleclip" programme. Disable
that and everything works as it should, enable it and you will get
problems, sooner or later! So now it is not physically on my system
nor in my .emacs either, its history I'm glad to say! :)

Problem solved!

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.90.1