Re: Confusion

On Sat 10 May 2014 at 18:03:35 -0700, Joshua Anthony wrote:

> For those who didn't notice, I downloaded the file twice, making two
> CD's from the first download and one from the second - just in case
> anything was corrupted. All the CD's can be opened and their contents
> displayed - and all files in readable form can be read.

Nobody missed seeing this. But what might have been appreciated was some
response from you to the 20+ suggestions given in the other thread you
started ; it would have allowed things to move on. Instead of which we
get a portion of your life story. :)

We still do not know at what stage the install failed and what came up
on the screen at the time. The advice to boot from a USB stick is also
good. Tried it?