How to get a log of fsck on boot partition when using systemd-sysv

Hi,

I just used

# apt-get install systemd-sysv

on several Debian testing systems (fully up-to-date).

It has been my habit to use

# touch /forcefsck

to force a file system check at reboot once per week on each system and to keep track of the results by copying the contents of /var/log/fsck/checkroot into a sort of diary I keep on system maintenance.

In various logs on these systems I see an indication that "touch /forcefsck" doesn't work with systemd running the show, and that adding

fsck.mode=force

to the linux boot line in Grub is now the proper way to force fsck to run at boot time.

However, though I see that fsck is running when I boot the system after altering the boot process, there is still no output from the operation written to the checkroot file. I presume this is part of the rhubarb I've noticed on various lists concerning the logging of the boot process when using systemd.

This is hardly a huge problem for me, but I'd like to keep practicing this slightly OCD behavior if I can on a couple of the more critical machines.

Would anyone have thoughts on how I can get a record of the file system check on the boot drive when using systemd?

If there's something about this in the man pages, I'm certainly not finding it.

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.