Re: install cinnamon

Stephen Allen:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 02:58:28PM +0100, Brian wrote:
>> On Tue 22 Apr 2014 at 11:48:11 +0100, Brian wrote:
>>
>>> It would be interesting to know whether this is successful for you.
>>
>> On the segfault site Martins provides cinnamon-build.tar.gz. If you
>> trust the packages it contains (installing random debs found on the web
>> isn't recommended) Cinnamon might run for you on Wheezy after you get
>> network-manager-gnome.
>>

> ---end quoted text---
>
> Why was Cinnamon removed from the Debian Repos?

It wasn't. It is just only available in sid at the moment:
https://packages.debian.org/cinnamon

> Much rather have it than Mate. No one wanted to package it and/or
> maintain it? Where do these discussions happen?

Probably either in a bug report or on debian-devel.

Judging from the state of cinnamon in Debian (package version and
activity in the BTS), it appears that the maintainers need some help to
get Cinnamon into shape before it can be released with Debian.

J.
--
I often blame my shortcomings on my upbringing.
[Agree]   [Disagree]