Re: install cinnamon

On Tue 22 Apr 2014 at 09:41:54 +0100, Balint Szigeti wrote:

> I hope this thread is new.

It is.

> So isn't there any way to install Cinnamon desktop to Debian 7?

Maybe. At

there is a link to

  http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2013/10/how-to-build-and-install-the-latest-cinnamon-from-git/

and it is claimed

  It's not as hard as one might think, but it will take you 30 minutes
  of your life. Thanks to it I'm running Cinnamon 2.0 in my Wheezy
  machine :) You will, however, be downloading around 2 GB in dev
  packages, so do it like me, build it in a virtual machine and just
  copy back the resulting deb files.

It would be interesting to know whether this is successful for you.