Re: Sudo Autoremove wanting to kill my system?

On Tuesday 22 April 2014 19:24:17 c. marlow wrote:
> I did a TOTAL REMOVE from synaptic of all lxde packages.

This wouldn't have removed any dependencies, which is what autoremove was
trying to put right.

I don't know Synaptic, but this seems to me a very odd way to remove a
desktop.  I would just Aptitude purge the desktop meta package if I wanted to
remove it.  But I don't quite see why you wanted to remove it.  There is
nothing wrong with having 2 desktops available, unless you have a very small
hard drive.

Lisi