snmpd upgrade failure

I just upgraded a sid box on my network. It is a container running on openvz. during the upgrade, snmpd fails to upgrade, and I wanted to check here before I file a bug.

I was running 5.7.2~dfsg-8.1+b1 i386, which was working, however, when I upgraded to 5.7.2.1~dfsg-3_i386, it broke. Apparently there was a patch in place from a year ago (http://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/bugs/2449/), which may have been omitted in the latest version. apt gives me:

rm: cannot remove '/run/snmpd.pid': No such file or directory
invoke-rc.d: initscript snmpd, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing package snmpd (--purge):
 subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Starting SNMP services::pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci
pcilib: Cannot find any working access method.
invoke-rc.d: initscript snmpd, action "start" failed.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks,
--b