Re: auto blanking screen is not working

On Mon 21 Apr 2014 at 14:14:03 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 20 apr 14, 14:26:02, Brian wrote:
> >
> > Screen blanking is completely under user control in Debian. First read
> > xset(1). Then create the file ~/.xsessionrc and put the wanted commands
> > in it. 'xset s dpms 10' might be worth a go.
>
> Depending on what you want to achieve :p

Indeed. Hopefully the OP will combine reading the manual with a search
on the web. Commands to tested can be run in a terminal before finally
being committed to a file.

>                                          The value is in seconds ;)

Note that due to my innate kindness and consideration I didn't suggest
'xset s dpms 1'. Getting out of that is not something you want to
inflict on someone even if it does teach that running arbitrary commands
found on the internet is unwise. :)