Re: Ad-Hoc Configuration

Anubhav, thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, the two WiFi adapters on my laptop do not support AP mode either. However, I did find the script interesting. I followed the web page you provided, and went back to the original post which inspired the script you suggested, which is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2009381
From that page, I learned how to enable NAT forwarding. So now my cellphone can access internet through my laptop, which the laptop is set in Ad-Hoc mode.

Ralf, you are not hijacking anything. Ralex bud.

Gian, than you for the help. However, since my WiFi adapters do not support AP mode, I guess hostapd is not for my laptop in this case.

Cheers,

Xianwen

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
On Sat, 2014-04-19 at 23:27 +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Download the ap-hotspot deb package here
> https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8/+sourcepub/3958646/+listing-archive-extra
>
> More info about the script can be found here.
> http://www.webupd8.org/2013/06/how-to-set-up-wireless-hotspot-access.html

Thank you,

I'm not the OP and don't want to capture the thread, but I guess it's
ok, since it's the same issue.

After startup the LED of my USB Wi-Fi should flash, it did when I used
*buntu, but doesn't for my Debian install.

root@debi386:/home/rocketmouse# uname -a
Linux debi386 3.2.0-4-rt-686-pae #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 3.2.54-2 i686 GNU/Linux
root@debi386:/home/rocketmouse# lsusb | grep WLAN
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:8172 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8191SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter
root@debi386:/home/rocketmouse# dpkg -l firmware-realtek | grep ii
ii  firmware-realtek  0.36+wheezy.1  all  Binary firmware for Realtek wired and wireless network adapters
root@debi386:/home/rocketmouse# ap-hotspot start
Your wireless card does not support Access Point mode
root@debi386:/home/rocketmouse#

Regards,
Ralf