Re: Ad-Hoc Configuration

Anubhav Yadav writes:
 > On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Ralf Mardorf
 > <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
 > > I have given up to get a working ad-hoc on my Linux PC to have Internet
 > > access for an iPad.
 >
 > I am going to make you happy then.
 > I am using an adhoc connection successfully on my nexus 7 and nokia 79.

Using hostapd and a fixed network configuration works perfectly. It may not be
the harder hotspot in the world but does the job.

interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=/* a sid id */
ignore_broadcast_ssid=1
channel=11
hw_mode=g
auth_algs=3
wpa=3
wpa_passphrase=/* choose one */
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP
ht_capab=[HT40-][SHORT-GI-40][DSSS_CCK-40]
macaddr_acl=1
accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.accept

List the accepted mac address in the file hostapd.accept and unwanted
usage of yur pc as an hotspot will be a bit harder.

Please remember the following to enable IP routing...

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO