Re: Network interfaces die when laptop lid closes in Fluxbox

Am 18.04.2014 05:28, schrieb Brian Cottingham:
> I found the source of my problem. Turns out systemd presumes shutting
> your laptop lid means the computer is going to sleep, and notifies
> NetworkManager to prepare for sleep[0]. If the computer does not, in
> fact, go to sleep, NetworkManager never receives the corresponding
> "wake up from sleep" event, and doesn't reenable networking.
>
> The solution is to tell systemd to not handle lid close events[1] and
> reload your systemd conf (or maybe just reboot).

There is already a fix/workaround in place for NetworkManager, so you most
likely just had an older version installed. See the changelog:

network-manager (0.9.8.8-6) unstable; urgency=medium

  [ Laurent Bigonville ]
  * Rework the fix for #734460, kill NetworkManager in the postinst script
    instead of the preinst one to minimize downtime on big upgrades

  [ Michael Biebl ]
  * Don't setup Sleep Monitor if system was not booted with systemd. With a
    standalone logind we don't receive the Resume signal after a suspend
    request and NetworkManager remains in sleep mode where the devices are
    unmanaged. (Closes: #742933)
  * Use dh-autoreconf to update the build system. Override dh_autoreconf since
    we need to run gtkdocize.

 -- Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>  Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:48:33 +0200

My suggestion is to simply update to 0.9.8.8-6 or newer.

universe are pointed away from Earth?