Re: insserv: warning: script ... missing LSB tags and overrides

* Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> [140406 10:06]:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 11:44:28PM -0700, John Magolske wrote:
> > After a recent `aptitude dist-upgrade` I'm getting a long string of
>
> > insserv: warning: script 'K02grml-home' missing LSB tags and overrides
> > insserv: warning: script 'K02grml-misc' missing LSB tags and overrides
> [...]
>
> What's all this grml* stuff?
> You're going to have to clean all that stuff up first.

Ah yes, should've been apparent to me. Those were left over from when
I installed Debian Sid on this machine a while back using grml2hd from
the grml live cd. Gathered those script names into a file like:

    % cat /tmp/grml-scripts
    grml-home
    bootlocal.first
    bootlocal.middle
    bootlocal.last
    bootsplash_start.sh
    bootsplash_end.sh
    grml-misc
    firewall
    samsung_x20
    haltlocal.first
    haltlocal.middle
    haltlocal.last
    grml-reboot

and got rid of them:

    # cd /etc/init.d
    # rm `cat /tmp/grml-scripts`

Now the dist-upgrade goes through without complaint.

* Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> [140407 16:59]:
> The usual cause is that old configuration files from removed
> packages are still lying around.  Try removing them fully by
> purging them completely and re-running insserv.

Thanks for the tip!

Regards,

John

--