Re: apt-get doesn't upgrade, but synaptic does

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:59:02 -0700
Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

>I rechecked, and the metapackage is removed, but not any of libreoffice
>modules.  Ultimately, I just purged each of the modules by name, then
>autoremove the orphaned dependencies.
>
>There should be an easier way.

Maybe, IDK.  In any case, if the behaviour of meta-packages were to be
changed, I'm sure there would be some quite heated discussion about the
matter.

--
 Regards  _
I'm surfing on a wave of nostalgia for an age yet to come