Re: Cropping a large collection of .PNG screenshots

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Cousin Stanley <cousinstanley@gmail.com> wrote:
>> convert -crop whatever $fn.bak $fn
>>
>> But that's assuming you know how to use
>> 'convert -crop' to do what you want, which I don't.
>
>   This is the part of your post
>   that I was attempting to address
>   and hopefully, clarify the use
>   of the  geometry  argument to -crop
>   since you stated you didn't know
>   how to use it ...
>
>   # convert source -crop widthxheight+wo+ho target

Ah, gotcha. No problem. In the specific case of cropping, it's pretty
simple; other tasks, maybe the balance would be tipped the other way.
In any case, it's only because of familiarity; I'll reach for the
hammer I know rather than the excellent tool that I'd need to spend
more time reading docs for than running :)

ChrisA