Re: Cropping a large collection of .PNG screenshots

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Cousin Stanley <cousinstanley@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Personally, I'd whip up a quick Pike script
>
> # I think you also sprechen der python .... :-)
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> import subprocess as SP
> process  = SP.Popen( args , shell = False )

That's still calling on convert, though; if I'm going to do that, a
simple bash one-liner is the easiest. Pike has its own image
conversion tools; I can read in a file's contents, decode as a PNG
image, manipulate that image, encode the result as a new PNG, and
write it out to either the same file name (dangerous but convenient -
or else move the original file away) or a different one.

ChrisA