Re: mirroring debian-security, sharing package pool with stable/testing/sid pool

On 04/11/2014 02:56 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
8< snip

Thus my question:
Is it possible to use debmirror, to mirror stable,testing,sid as well
as debian-security for stable and testing, and have them all share the
same package pool?

I can't see it, and I'm hoping I am simply not understanding
something. If I would have to go to a more advanced setup with some
other debian tool, I am willing, but that would take some time (namely
finding the time, so would not be immediately).

I do this using a rasberry pi (or laptop) running approx, I keep it up-to-date & cart it round to the various sites I admin, /etc/approx/approx.conf on the Pi points at local mirrors, mine looks like

 debian http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian
#debian http://ftp.debian.org/debian

#debian-updates http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
debian-updates http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian
#debian-updates http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian

debsec http://security.debian.org

deb-multimedia http://www.deb-multimedia.org
#deb-multimedia http://debian-mirrors.sdinet.de/debian-multimedia

debian-backports http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports
#debian-backports http://www.backports.org/backports.org

raspberrypi http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian
#raspbian http://192.168.24.54:9999/raspbian
raspbian http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian

#google
google http://dl.google.com/linux/deb
google-chrome http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb

#unvanquished
unvanquished http://debs.unvanquished.net

#Ubuntu
ubuntu http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
ubuntu-security http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
ubuntu-extras http://extras.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
ubuntu-partner http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu

I have a couple of alternate sources in each section but you can only use one at a time.

All I do is hook the Pi up to the network of the to-be-updated machines and then apt-get update then dist-upgrade as usual, the
/etc/apt/sources.list looks a bit like

deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
#deb http://ftp.uwa.edu.au/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
#deb http://mirror.nus.edu.sg/Debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free
#deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

#deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free
deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/debsec/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
#deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/deb-multimedia/ jessie main non-free
#deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/jessie-backports/ jessie main non-free
#deb http://apt.proxy.here:9999/debian-volatile/ jessie main non-free

(I have some legacy alt sources for when I was travelling)
and each computer has an entry in /etc/hosts like
192.168.X.Y apt.proxy.here
that points at the static assigned IP of my Pi on that network.

This isn't a 0 bandwidth solution but it's pretty good.

HTH HAND etc..