Re: S-Video on ThinkPad T42 with Debian Jessie - can't get above 800x600

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just converted a laptop from Windows XP to Debian Jessie, with
> the expectation that I'd be able to do everything at least as well as
> before. That's been mostly true, but I'm stuck on a problem with the
> S-Video output: whatever I do, the TV shows only 800x600.

In the interests of experimentation, I live-booted AntiX on that same
hardware. The result is exactly the same; xrandr says the S-video
output is in its only mode of 800x600 60Hz, and telling it to go
1024x768 just results in the top left 800x600 being visible.

Any ideas?

ChrisA