Re: apt-get doesn't upgrade, but synaptic does

[Please trim your quotes to just include relevant content, makes it
easier to read.]

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 09:04:21PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> After it went
> Stable, I used just upgrade -- for the most part.  So there would be no
> major changes. This also recommended by Debian.

Stable means there are no major changes. It's not a user determined
action. The difference between "upgrade" and "dist-upgrade" has been
discussed many times on this list.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X