Re: Debian installs for the bandwidth limited (e.g. dialup)

Don Armstrong wrote:
On Tue, 01 Apr 2014, Richard Owlett wrote:
The types of questions that a single document or a coordinated
documents should cover include { *NOTE* I've already found at least
partial answers}:
   How to install with a preseed file
   A. what parameters might be entered after "TAB to edit menu
entry".
   B. Use of F2/F1 keys to enter missing instructions.
   C. What can be preseeded that isn't mentioned in example
preseed.cfg .
      And once you discover that some answers are in template files
in some udeb,
      and how to discover the appropriate udeb.
{My current quandary - how do I disable installing ANT boot loader?}
   D. Use of meta-packages (custom or not) to install only relevant
software.
   E. etc. etc. ...

Most of these should probably be addressed by an additional section in
the installation guide which is integrated into the guide as a whole.

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/manual/
and https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#install should help you out;
I'd also contact debian-boot@lists.debian.org with a general plan of
action.

Back when the 8085 was new, I regularly read "App Notes" (haven't read one in decades).
Would something of that nature be suitable for the wiki?