Re: dpkg -i first.dep second.dep: installs but does not configure one?

Le 03.04.2014 11:46, Steffen Dettmer a écrit :
Hi,

I have two packages, first and second. Package second depend on
package first. I have to use dpkg (I don't use apt, because there is
no package server / no online link etc).

When I run

$ dpkg -i first.dep second.dep

I get the error:

dpkg: regarding .../nd-second_5.0.02_i386.deb containing nd-second,
pre-dependency problem:
 nd-second pre-depends on nd-first
  nd-first is unpacked, but has never been configured.

After that I am suprised by:

root@NOMAD-BLN-R3200Xstd:/# dpkg -l nd-portal nd-persist
ii  nd-first                 5.0.02 i386              first package
in  nd-second                <none>            i386              (no
description available)

When I now repeat "dpkg -i first.dep second.dep"; it works.

It also works when I run:

$ dpkg -i first.dep && dpkg -i second.dep

According to "man dpkg", configuring is step 6 of installation and it
should make no difference whether installing two packages at once or
not.

I think that the problem is that the configuration is done for both packages "in the same time" ( yes, I know that it is not really the situation, what I mean is that I suppose that they refer to the system's state *before* the starting of 6th step ).

Other that that, why are you using pre-depends and not depends? That would fix the problem.