Re: Users Not Receiving List Mail

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 08:32:01PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> Basically - you get the mail we decide you get. Don't complain, it is good
> for you. So much for freedom of communication.

You are entirely free to run your own mailserver. (Not a snark: that's exactly
what I do).

I used to be a co-administrator for the mail gateways at a large English
University. In common with most Universities, email was an essential part of
core business. That business would be hugely adversely impacted if we did not
filter mail. Something like 95% of incoming mail was rejected. Many tests and
research experiments were carried out on rejections to test false positives,
false negatives, etc. and this was not an egregious amount of rejection.

--
Jonathan Dowland