Re: how to change default pager for tab completions from 'more' to 'less'

> if i use tab completion, and there are a lot of possibilities, 'more'
> is used as the default pager to show the list. I want to see the list
> with the 'less' pager.

You may be out of luck. bash(1) in the "Readline Variables" section
states
   page-completions (On)
          If set to On, readline uses an internal more-like pager to
          display a screenful of possible completions at a time.

It looks like your choices are the more-like pager, or no pager.

--
Cheers,
Clive