Re: [i3]Not able to get the reboot/suspend script work.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed 02 Apr 2014 at 23:30:10 +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
>
>> > I'll back down on that. ~/.profile tests for $BASH_VERSION, which is
>> > empty. Therefore $HOME/.bashrc isn't sourced through ~/.xsessionrc.
>> > Is this because dash is the shell being used, I wonder?
>> >

>> echo $BASH_VERSION
>> 4.2.37(1)-release
>>
>> So it's not empty.
>
> It is when ~/.profile is sourced from ~/.xsessionrc. The testing
> procedure is available on request but any response from me may be
> very slow to arrive due to the deep thought I am giving as to why
> 'export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH' in ~/.xsessionrc should not be the
> the definitive, untroublesome, uncomplicated and trustworthy way
> of getting a path set with lightdm.
>
> If you or anyone else have any thoughts on this it would be most
> welcome.

No I got no problems with your solution, I only wanted to ask you that
should I let this part:

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
    PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
fi

Still be in .profile or should I delete it from it? If I am already
exporting my PATH in .xsessionrc
in one single line using export command just as you said.

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav