Re: Locatedb not Updating

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:48:49PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Mon 31 Mar 2014 at 23:07:24 +0300, David Baron wrote:
>
> > > In the same mail an observation was made. It implied that the file
> > > cron-spamassassin-rules was put in /etc/cron.daily by you and not by a
> > > Debian package. Do you have a response to that too?
> >
> > Here is the contents
> > #!/bin/sh -e
> > #
> >         spamd -4
> >         # do spamassassin rules update
> >         echo "Updating Spamassassin rules..."
> >         sa-update&
> >         sleep 30
> >         #echo "Restarting Spamassassin daemon..."
> >         /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart

Forgive me if I'm off base here, but what if the sa-update background
job takes longer than 30(s ?)

Why not just run 'sa-update' in the foreground ditch the 'sleep 30', you
might even save a bit of time in the long run (your way it'll sleep 30
regardless how long 'sa-update' takes.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X