Re: [i3]Not able to get the reboot/suspend script work.

Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691@gmail.com> writes:

> So I think I need to setup my PATH variable properly so that it i3
> can also access it?

Okay, I got you.

First of all, if you want your i3wm to have the right PATH variable, you
should set it before him to run, i.e. in ~/.xsession file. Here's my
example:

--------------------
#!/bin/bash

# Set PATH
PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH

# Load .Xdefaults
if [ -f $HOME/.Xdefaults ]; then
  xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults
fi

# Start GnuPG daemon
eval $(gpg-agent --daemon)

# Prevent blanking and turning monitor off
xset -dpms
xset s off

# Hide pointer in 5 seconds of idle
unclutter -idle 5 -root &

# Start Window Manager
/usr/bin/i3 & wmpid=$!

# Return to XDM when Window Manager has been finished
wait $wmpid

Secondly, you could just use an absolute path to i3exit script in your
i3wm config file.