Re: .Xresources not loading on start

On Tue 18 Mar 2014 at 20:20:49 +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:

> > (If it wasn't clear, I intended you to try the two lines I gave you
> > earlier in your existing .Xresources, replacing the ones you have).
> >
> Sorry, I had the impression that you wanted me to stick to only that colors.
> Ok I cleared my .Xresources and now it has only these to lines.

It would have been sufficient to have just replaced the *foreground and
*background lines.

> xterm*foreground:#fd971f
> xterm*background:#82b414
>
> Restarting the laptop and firing up an xterm sure changes the colors
> according to .Xresources.

There - it works. Is there anything you could do to your existing
.Xresources to make the rest work? Or does it so already?

> Here is the output for -query
>
> neo1691@Innovator:~$ xrdb -query
> *customization: -color
> Xft.hinting:    -1
> Xft.hintstyle:  hintnone
> xterm*background:       #82b414
> xterm*foreground:       #fd971f
> Xft.antialias:  -1
> Xft.rgba:       none
> Xcursor.theme:  Adwaita
> Xcursor.theme_core:     true
> Xcursor.size:   0

Now do 'xrdb .Xresources' or 'xrdb -load .Xresources' (they are the same
command; please see  (xrdb(1)). Notice any difference? Why should there
be one?