Re: Bash completion doesn't prompt files in current directory

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 01:54:00PM +0100, Simon Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After yesterday's upgrade, I find that bash's completion rules changed a
> bit. She doesn't prompt potent files any more if I don't type the first
> character in file's name (but still prompt all directories).  Say when I
> have a tmp/ and tmp.txt at pwd,
> $cat  then press tab brings only tmp/
>
> I do want bash going back to old way. I'd like to ask you for how.
> My bash version is 4.3-2, bash-completion 1:2.1-2

Install the last known working version(s).

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/bash-completion/
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/bash/

If there is a bug you should report it, providing no one else has beat
you to it. Of course, If you are running Sid then all this *should* be
common knowledge.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X