Bash completion doesn't prompt files in current directory

Hi all,

After yesterday's upgrade, I find that bash's completion rules changed a bit. She doesn't prompt potent files any more if I don't type the first character in file's name (but still prompt all directories).  Say when I have a tmp/ and tmp.txt at pwd,
$cat  then press tab brings only tmp/

Further she fails me when a file's name starts with a "(" or "[".
$cat \[ or $cat [ prompt nothing even as I have a [tmp].txt file. I have not tested other special characters yet.

I do want bash going back to old way. I'd like to ask you for how.
My bash version is 4.3-2, bash-completion 1:2.1-2