Re: Sudo package unavailable for debian 7

Support,
  Any ideas on why I would get the error "unable to locate package sudo" when installing sudo with the apt-get install sudo command on Debian 7?

Thank you,
Chris Henn
Brightlink Communications, NOC Engineer
 Office: 970.722.6227
 Email:  Chris@Brightlinkcom.com    I   www.Brightlinkcom.com

On Mar 16, 2014 5:14 PM, "Bob Proulx" <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
Chris Henn wrote:
> Support,

This isn't really a "support" address.  For user support the best
mailing list is the debian-user@lists.debian.org mailing list.  This
is simply the list of volunteers who have subscribed to the package.
Along with the package maintainer of course.

>   We have just installed debian 7 on several of our servers and found that
> sudo is not an available command for them.  Any ideas on how we can get sudo
> on these machines?

The sudo command is not installed by default on Debian.  You may be
confusing Debian with Ubuntu or another system.  On Debian the idea is
that it is a framework.  Install what you want.  Don't install what
you don't want.

Try installing it.

  # apt-get install sudo

Bob