Re: [help!] Can not use nvidia driver in debian sid

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 02:40:33 +0800
iijima yoshino <iijimayoshino@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, there!
> I have an old pc with a Nvidia GeForce 6600 card.
> Firstly I installed Debian 7.4 and everything was O.K.
> (nvidia-detect told me to install nvidia-glx and it worked.)
>
> Then I changed a monitor and upgraded to Debian sid.
> (old one is 1024x768, the new one is 1280x1024.)
> And nvidia-detect tells that the nvidia-legacy-304xx-driver is
> recommaned.
> I reinstalled the driver and used nvidia-xconfig to
> creat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Rebooting ....
>
> lsmod |grep nvidia, not found?
> startx, no screen found, what?
> After tried several times, like modifing xorg.conf, using xrandar,
> whaterver.
> I decided to use the nouveau driver, but the screen is only 1024x768.
> So I'm lost now, why a monitor-change can make this happens?
> Please help! And thanks for any helpful advices.

I suspect that the problem is bug #740097 I am also waiting for a solution. I
expect that all will be fixed in due time. In the mean time use the earlier
kernel 2.12. I have attached the information I received from the bug tracking
system.

regards,

	John