Re: When fogetting assigned login name rather than password

On Sunday 16 March 2014 17:52:02 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> When you boot in Recovery mode you get a
> root shell without supplying any password.

Is Recovery mode not the same as single user?  I have always been
asked for the root password to log in to single user in Debian.

I have just rebooted  and gone into single user mode to check that the
latest upgrade hadn't changed anything.  I see that GRUB2 refers to
it as Recovery mode.

Lisi