Re: CUPS Zebra EPL2 driver through Iceweasel or Evince

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2014-03-16, Mark Copper <mlcopper@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So I have 2 different ways to go at present: from Iceweasel, download
>> to gv and print from there and from Chrome viewer printing with system
>> print.
>>

> Some have been successful in using the Chrome pdf plugin (libpdf.so) in
> Chromium.
>
> Too bad you didn't let Brian help you troubleshoot the problem.
>
> Did you say that your difficulty involves any and all pdf files, or just
> the ones created with, or by, the perl script?

I did in fact send Brian the requested file off-list. I did not
realize he didn't receive it.

The fact that he requested a reply with an attachment meant, I
assumed, that I send to him directly (no attachments are allowed when
sending to debian-user).  I could be wrong.  The data could be
included in the text body.

I would be glad to provide more detail on Xpdf, but logs show CUPS
calling several filters.  And while, say Evince, shows an error in the
rastertolabel filter, Xpdf fails with an error in the pstopdf filter
and prints a blank page.  Seems distinct to me.

No, I haven't tried pdf files generated in a different manner.  Good
idea though.

I'd also like to check out the Chromium plugin.  Thanks.