Re: CUPS Zebra EPL2 driver through Iceweasel or Evince

On Sun 16 Mar 2014 at 10:36:26 -0500, Mark Copper wrote:

> Before I let this go, let me add some data and a word of explanation
> why I posted here.

Presumably you wanted help. However, you have not provided information
requested in response to your initial post.

> Printing file.pdf from the Firefox viewer (on a Ubuntu box) fails just
> as it did with Iceweasel.  No surprise there I suppose.
>
> Chromium doesn't offer an embedded viewer and my system default pdf
> viewer is Xpdf.  Printing from Xpdf fails, but in a different filter.

Xpdf uses lpr to print; you said earlier that lpr worked for you. (This
mention of a 'different filter' is confusing).

> There are two different offers for printing from the Chrome browser on
> Debian.  The "native" print option works but is useless to me in that
> it does not properly size the page.  Choosing "system print" succeeds.
>
> So I have 2 different ways to go at present: from Iceweasel, download
> to gv and print from there and from Chrome viewer printing with system
> print.
>
> This seemed like an appropriate forum for this curiosity since it
> could as well be a problem with the pdf generation or the pdf viewer
> as with the CUPS filters.  It's a matter of getting independent
> programs to play nice together (not to mention the many levels of
> processing within CUPS), I guess.

CUPS is blameless; its filters are not at fault. It is very unlikely to
be a problem with the pdf generation.