Re: Testing: Nautilus 3.8 double click expand tree?

On zo, 2014-03-16 at 08:02 -0400, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote, On 03/16/2014 05:22 AM:
>
> > If I double click on a directory icon I go "into" that directory and I
> > cannot see the full directory tree any more. I would like Nautilus to
> > expand the tree instead. Is that possible?
>
> Click the little "[+]" icon to the left of the directory icon.  That
> will expand the tree.
I know that, but that is not what I want.

> It's good that double-clicking a directory puts you in that directory,
> and no longer shows the parent tree.  That's what you want -- a way to
> focus on that one subdirectory.

No, that is not what I want. I want to *both* focus on the directory
*and* see the context of that directory, i.e. its place in the tree.
Something like in Nautilus 3.4.2, where the left panel showed the tree
and the right panel showed the directory. Which is more ore less what I
generally have seen since I started working with computers in 1989.

Joost