Re: Testing: Nautilus 3.8 double click expand tree?

Joost Kraaijeveld wrote, On 03/16/2014 05:22 AM:

> If I double click on a directory icon I go "into" that directory and I
> cannot see the full directory tree any more. I would like Nautilus to
> expand the tree instead. Is that possible?

Click the little "[+]" icon to the left of the directory icon.  That
will expand the tree.

It's good that double-clicking a directory puts you in that directory,
and no longer shows the parent tree.  That's what you want -- a way to
focus on that one subdirectory.

Note that if you're in List view, and you double-click a directory to
open it, you will not necessarily still be in List view there.  Gnome
remembers the View setting for each directory individually, so if you
want to stay in List view, you'll have to set it for each directory you
visit.

-- Patrick