Re: When fogetting assigned login name rather than password

On 15/03/14 22:58, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-03-15 at 22:53 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>> Then, Tom, why has Richard got a root password for the system?  Surely
>>> Debian only gives you the chance to set a root password if you enable
>>> root?
>>
>> 1++
>
> Tom is smarter than we are, it's likely that his guess is correct. The
> OP confused the term for
>
> no root account, but the first user has got sudo admin super cow powers,
> with a pure and clean enabled root account.

No root account?  (Is that a joke?)

I'm always learning and I'm keen to know how that is achieved - it
sounds very unlikely....

Would the rescue console still work?

I suspect you mean "no root login to the GUI" - which still leaves
stopping the X Server with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace and logging in as root to
the console - or Ctrl+Alt+F2 and logging in as root to the vconsole.

Kind regards