Re: A question about Aptitude interactive mode

On 2014-03-07 Paul E Condon wrote:

> There is, new to me, a new feature in Aptitude. Some time in the past
> within the past 18 months, I lost the ability to adjust the colors on
> the text display.  Now all I get is a white letters on a black
> background.  I get this in both gnome-terminal and in Xfce terminal.
> Both terminal emulators are configured to display black letters on
> white back. In both, when I type the command, aptitude, the screen
> flips, apparently as part of aptitude initialization. Where is this
> behavior configured? I want to change it.

Insert the following block in the configuration file:

   aptitude::UI::Styles "";
   aptitude::UI::Styles::Default "";
   aptitude::UI::Styles::Default::fg "black";
   aptitude::UI::Styles::Default::bg "white";

There is an extensive paragraph on custumizing the colors in
the aptitude user's manual, available from the Help menu.

Regards,

Morten