Re: SASL auth failure dovecot/postfix

Tazman Deville:

> Now, that I look, I'm seeing this in the mail.err logs:
> Mar 10 22:04:58 myownsite dovecot: auth-worker(13988): Error:
> mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (mail): Can't connect to
> MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111) - waiting for 125 seconds before
> retry
> on one server, but not such thing on the other
> I think mariadb was overworked last night (since moved some sites off
> this server, CPU load was massive, but now ok).

It is really hard to help without you trying to make straightforward
tests and posting the resulting log file entries. Output of dovecot -n
and postconf -n would help as well.

However, this log file snippet suggests that you are authenticating
users using a local MySQL database that cannot be contacted currently.
If you moved it off the server, you should definitely move it back.

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]