Re: SASL auth failure dovecot/postfix

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 02:41:02PM +0100, Tazman Deville wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 01:25:39PM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > If mail is not sending, you need to look at the postfix logs and see if
> > there's an explanation for a test mail. dovecot will not be relevant
> > unless you are using send-over-IMAP which is unlikely. Can you share
> > some relevant log lines?
> >

> You trimmed relevant stuff...nonetheless,
> I am using IMAP not POP for these accounts,
> but afaik, I'm sending over SMTP.
>
> Now, that I look, I'm seeing this in the mail.err logs:
> Mar 10 22:04:58 myownsite dovecot: auth-worker(13988): Error:
> mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (mail): Can't connect to
> MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111) - waiting for 125 seconds before
> retry
> on one server, but not such thing on the other
> I think mariadb was overworked last night (since moved some sites off
> this server, CPU load was massive, but now ok).

It's probably relevant that I do not see such error this morning,
but only from last night, and only on the server where mysql/mariadb
processes were skyrocketing until I moved some stuff around.
No such error on the other server that's having precisely the same mail
woes (but not similar problems with mariadb).

taz
--
http://taz.liberame.org