Re: IP Blocked in forum.debian.net

On 10/03/14 17:46, Muntasim Ul Haque wrote:
> Hi,
> While registering in forum.debian.net, I got error message saying my IP
> has been blocked for spamming. But I haven't spammed. Who to overcome
> this problem? Need help!
>
> -Muntasim Ul Haque

forum.debian.net is separate from this mailing list, and they use a
different system (Advanced Block MOD for phpBB) to flag spamming.

If you are posting from your own computer you are probably being false
flagged because your external IP address is dynamic, and has previously
been used by a spammer. The quickest solution in that case is to
disconnect the modem, then reconnect, to change the IP address seen by
the forum.

If you can't change the IP address because it's a static address, or
because you don't control the connection (work, school, cafe, etc) -
contact the address shown in the error address and arrange for
white-listing.

Kind regards