HELP !!! confused trying to install tshark on wheezy

I am very new to Debian ( and any other linux ) and I'm trying to install tshark.

I've downloaded tshark and have run the command ... dpkg -i tshark_1.8.2-5wheezy9_i386.deb

This printed out a lot of errors and listed missing libraries and other dependencies.

However, I am very confused on how to figure out which dependency files I need to download for my i386 and which ones I don't need.

This seems to be very labor intensive, and I'm wondering if I can somehow get Wheezy to automatically determine, download and install all the dependencies based on the version of Debian and tshark I have.

Please help if you can.  I am fairly computer literate, but not linux at all.  This is my first attempt.

thanks

Kirt Odle