Re: Am I paranoid?

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 09:51 -0600, yaro@marupa.net wrote:
> Thank you. Using that command it'd be trivial to see if those files
> were installed by the package manager, maybe a dependency, which is
> more likely than being compromised, in all honesty.

When something is installed as a dependency, then it would show up in
the history. Assumed the OP isn't mistaken and the OP didn't install
something that included those stuff, then somebody has got access to the
machine. Somebody mentioned this already and I agree with this. I only
wonder why somebody should install this. Perhaps it's something else,
with this harmless, but faked name. I suspect the OP installed it,
without being aware of it and didn't find it in the history or deleted
parts of the history. In case of doubt only a new install is secure.