Re: mount as read/write on demand

i am afraid that the

mount -o remount,rw is not working.

is there a howto for this?
i am running squeeze 6.0.9

Στις 19/2/2014 17:50, ο/η Efraim Flashner έγραψε:
On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:47:19 +0100
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

Le 18/02/2014 15:42, binary dreamer a écrit :
Hello everyone.
I am running some services in a remote headless system. the system
runs debian 6.
I would like the system to be read only by default. in case of an
update/upgrade I could run in read/write to process the job.
the filesystem is ext2 and it runs in a cf card.
I have seen voyage Linux that has this functionality but it misses
kernel headers. It is a real pain to compile the headers in this
underpowered box.
I would like to ask if someone could help me create a system
read/write on demand.
Thanks in advance.
mount -o remount,rw <mount point> should do the trick (and mount -o
remount,ro after use)

and change the listing in /etc/fstab from rw to ro