Re: additional info on pkgs of Debian 7 Install

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 04:54:37PM -0500, W. Anderson wrote:
>    I have just recently installed Debian 7.3 via Net Install.
>
>    There was "no" problem with the install, however I could find "pkg
>    install" info on the :
>    Standard Systems Utilities
>    Web server
>    File server

These are tasks (meta packages which depend on suitable actual
packages). For information about what they include, run "apt-cache show
task-{something}" at any user's command line (where {something} is
usually the hyphenated version of the name above. So task-web-server
task-file-server or task-desktop, for example).

>    Where exactly are applications installed for Web Server, including for
>    MySQL 5.5 database and PHP5  - php.ini file specifically, since a search
>    with find command was unsuccessful?.

dpkg -L {name of installed package} will list the files installed for
said package. So, in your case "dpkg -L mysql-server-5.5" and "dpkg -L
php5", but note that both of those are likely to pull in other
dependencies (mysql-server-core-5.5 and php5-common respectively).

If you need to ask debian "in which package is php.ini", then try "dpkg
-S php.ini".